View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: SSHE - Relevence for Small Stakes No Limit?

Sorry if I wasn't clearer in my original reply. SSHE is for advanced players, for high stakes limit games (these games are super aggressive with loads of bluffing). It is not intended for these 2/4 games that are usually donkey fests, with people limping in UTG with any 2 suited cards, cold calling raises and re-raises with easily dominated hands, or calling all the way down to the river with any Ace. Anyone who plays that way in tough games will go broke fast. And you can't bluff a calling station.

You definitely do not have to read it for small stakes limit, but there are some things from it that you can still apply to small stakes games. BUT, there is A LOT of information in the first two Sklansky books I mentioned. You need to master those and get some experience playing before reading SSHE (Unless you have a photographic memory), especially if you are new to poker.

You need a thorough understanding of the basics of Limit Hold'em first. You will get that if you really study the two Sklansky books and play a lot of hands. I know they have improved my game. Then, as your poker education continues, definitely read SSHE.

Of course, these are just my opinions. Others may feel differently. But my positive results speaks for its self.

I plan to try to play some 20/40 Limit next time I'm in Vegas, so I will be studying SSHE hard before I go for that type of game.

Hope that clarifies what I meant. If not, feel free to PM me.