View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Table/Seat Selection Example 1B (reposted)

I think you guys are too quick to judge Rinalto just because of potsize. use players/Pot ie VPIP as my first filter on a table and this example is a good but great example of why......
note: Im not saying this table is better than the other ones but just that this table is one I will sit at if I cant find a juicier one.

table averages at stars are taken over the last 20 hands (well they were when I asked them over a year ago) so obviously lobby stats can change quickly.

Basically, I dont think a 29%VPIP table is going to have ave pots of 3BB for long. 3BB pots are usually reserved for tables that are like sub 20%VPIP IMHO. My gut tells me that this table isnt going to plumment to sub 20%VPIP table but rather then ave pot size will increase towards 5BB (I dont know if it did but thats just what I'd suspect here). There are a few things at the table that, for me, make it ok.
1. seat 9 and seat 4 should be exploitable
2. Seat 10 and 1 are shortstacked....shortstacks and hugestacks are very often poor players
3. the table probably has few preflopraises. Yes, the tag in seat 3 is a concern though

so yeah. it is not a great table but I really doubt that it will stay a 3BB pot table for long (especially if Im there to stir things up) so if you offered me Seats 10, 1, 5 or 6 Im sitting at that table with the intention of isolating the greens.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd sit at Alioth, Otilia, or Seinajoki.

[/ QUOTE ]

KO, at first I thought you were in teh wrong thread but then I realised you are being serious and sitting at a non-full table that is likely to contain action monkeys. nice.

I'd probably take seats at 2 of the 3 tables i put stats on and take a seat at one of these non-full tables. I dont like to sit at too many short tables at the same time cos that gets kinda hectic.