View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Strattera(ADHD med) making me feel like crap

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I doubt your doctor will like you being on benadryl as well, but for now definitely use it. See how dexedrine SR works for you. If you can tolerate that then your problem is solved. But if you still cannot sleep or eat then screw the medication. Also, force yourself to eat if you have to since the body needs calories.

On another note, how have you been doing with trying to quit WoW?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i don't think he would really like the idea of that, but i would really rather not tell him. i've read reports of people taking the benadryl to lessen the insomnia effects and it seems to be pretty well tolerated.

i haven't played wow ever since i started this medication. i'm sure it would help me concentrate better but i was addicted so i never really had a problem concentrating. I played it for an hour after my first dose of the Adderall and I felt really lazy and unproductive doing something like this, especially when I knew I had other stuff that I should be doing, like cleaning my house and paying bills. So I haven't loaded WoW up since and have started spending more time outside. Maybe it's the medication doing that for me because I knew before I started taking it that nothing could tear me away from that game.

People may doubt me when I say this but I feel like the medication actually not only makes me concentrate better, but also gives me a kick in the ass to get [censored] done. I see a pile of clothes on the floor that are dirty and I think, I should do a load of laundry, that's unacceptable. Whereas before I was on it, I would let that pile sit until it stunk up the room.

And this is just a random observation, but orgasming from sex and masturbatio feel great on Adderall. It's like when I orgasm, I just get this rush of amazing feelings into my head, like something I've never felt before. Not sure what in the drug would do that but I hope it lasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear you have stopped playing WoW. Also, I do not doubt the other effects you have mentioned while taking these drugs. In fact I remember in college when I took some dexedrine to pull an all-nighter that it didn't help me concentrate, but it definitely motivated me to do stuff. For about a month after taking that one pill I had an insane amount of energy and the feeling was nice. However, after a while that manic feeling you get becomes annoying and I am a pretty mellow person, so I decided never to try to take the medication again. I never noticed the orgasm thing, but it definitely gave me energy to have a lot more sex than usual.