View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: PNL & the Jocks vs Nerds issue

Hi from Chester, California.

On vacation here at Lake Almanor with no internet access at the house, only at the coffee shops in town. (Coffee Station for any locals out there.}

I think of it as "Will this hand be profitable? If so, how should I play it to maximize profit?" That concept applies from 2 to 9 opponents. In general, in 6-max, you have less chance of running into AA-QQ, more aggression preflop with wider ranges, and a little more aggression postflop, with some players going nuts. So, you adapt. In general, you still want position, you will get all-in more often on average than with FR, variance goes up, and the temptation to spew and be inappropriately hyperaggro goes up for some people.

The question with 6-max is specifically adapting to the differences. REM and SPR offer a start. I'll write more about specific adaptation to 6-max in volume 2 unless Sunny beats me to the chapter. Hopefully that will be helpful.

I here the generalists loud and clear, and the 6-maxists. What would be more interesting to me is a book on Adapting, not just to 6-max but to any game.

Matt