View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Ask a Technical Analyst

[ QUOTE ]
I heard candlesticks TA is fluky and a joke. Obviously you feel differently. In your experience, have DOJIs been consistently reliable, or have you just gotten a couple "big scores"? I thought they were used more as a supplementary TA check, definitely not as motivation for any trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done well with candlestick trading on a consistent basis and not on big scores. Most of the major candlestick pattersn are extremely reliable in telling you the market direction. I haven't done any studies on it, but done right, it can give you 70% reliability. Listen, it won't always work out, that is a fact. But the nature of TA is such that you know when you are wrong relatively fast, so it minimizes the losses when they occur. No system is 100% accurate. TA is the motivation for many traders and institutions globally and not just a background or supplementary check to see if it coincides with what the equity analysts say. The people who say it is fluky, or a joke merely don't know how to apply it correctly. They don't understand that the foundation of technical analysis is about CONTEXT.

THE HUN.