View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40 game at borgata with dead kings

[ QUOTE ]
Pocket Aces is 1% of the chick's range? What else does she bring it in full with? An no chance that she'll call with a big three-flush?

I'm going to advocate a fold here, mostly so I can contradict the Urge Overkill fan-boy. Your hand is dead, which is bad. I also think that it is very likely that you're up against at least one pair of Aces. In particular, I think an old guy is very likely to have pocket Aces to make it two bets after a decent (I presume) player brings it in full. Maybe he'd do it with pocket Queens, but there are twice as many ways he can have Aces as there are ways he can have Queens, and I think he'd be less inclined to raise with the Queens. And there's some chance that the chick has Aces or a set, right? This looks like it's going to be expensive. I'd look for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and also think an additional argument for folding is that you can't improve without them knowing it. You stand to win a medium size pot if you improve by 5th or can lose a large one if you get stuck in a race against Aces with your dead Ks.