View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Beat: Just Found out my sister is my mom

[ QUOTE ]
Max, ignore all the retard replies. Who your 'parents' are is more about emotional relationships than genetics. We had a similar situation in my family with my sister (who was raised by my grandparents)and most folks don't know she's my sister and not my aunt. She too, never knew her bio Dad and it ate her up for a long time, but eventually she realized she was pretty lucky in how and where she was raised, since my Mom was very young and really poor. I grew up in the housing projects on welfare and whatnot and she grew up in a nice house in rural Mass. None of it has anything to do with you, it sounds like your folks made good decisions and you turned out better for it. Your sister (Mom) probably has guilt issues (my Mom will never get over hers), but there's not much you can do about that, except tell her you're not mad at her (if you aren't). In many ways this isn't a beat, just variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the post. I feel like given the hand that I was dealt I had a very good childhood. Most of my friends only had a mom so I was really lucky to have a mom and a dad. I really have no ill will towards my sister. I really have not been super close to my parents or sister since I went to college. I help them out financially if they need it and I still will of course. I have had almost no relationship with my sister for a while, she has a steady boyfriend who seems like a good guy. I think she probably didn't want to get very close to me but maybe she will now?