View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Ask an Iraq war Vet

[ QUOTE ]
How was the food there? I mean, on a daily basis, would you have 3 good meals? What type of food was most common?

How has the transition from Marine in Iraq to civilian in Japan been for you? I mean, are there some aspects you miss? Do you ever consider re-enlisting?

What did you most look forward to each day/week (that did not relate to contacting or going home)?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are on base they have "chow halls" which is what the Military calls cafeterias. It was basically a huge all you can eat buffet for everymeal and kicked ass.Every sunday they served lobster,steak, and fried shrimp. Some major bases, like in Baghdad, had Hardee's and Baskin Robins and stuff like that.

When I was on the Iraqi base, there food was pretty interesting. They eat a lot of chicken,rice, and some weird ground meat,which I never found out what it was. They ate Pita bread with basically everymeal which was cool. And they drink Chai tea which was really good.

I miss the people I met. I still keep in contact with many of them. I've actually briefly considered going back in. I wouldnt rule it completely out, but I seriously doubt it.

I most looked forward to the following in no particular order.

-Beer
-Weekends off work.
-Wearing civillian clothes.
-Sex
-My bed
-My Car
-Fast food