View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Recommend me a Technical Analysis book

[ QUOTE ]
I'm happy to have all the TA guys here have their TA discussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not without you jumping in to tell people it's worthless.

[ QUOTE ]
But for every successful TA practitioner there are also unsuccessful ones, probably many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there are strategies where that's untrue and EVERYONE beats the market!

[ QUOTE ]
And I think you all know that TA is beloved by and promoted by brokerage firms because it promotes heavy turnover and reaps lots of commissions from their customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, just the opposite. The big brokerages are always saying T/A sucks so people will want to see their analysts' recco's. If people use T/A they will just go to cheap online brokerages.

[ QUOTE ]
When I first started posting here I definitely thought TA was worthless, given the large amount of academic research that showed little evidence it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what? What research, and by whom? The only stuff I've seen was ridiculous and didn't come near being a scientific study.

[ QUOTE ]
Just as academic research shows that most "value investment" funds have trouble beating the market while the skilled guys like buffett crush it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When your argument is weak all you have to do is whip out the Buffett. Never mind that most people know that a lot of his investing is not in the stock market.