View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: a noob question about computers getting worn out

So the subscription is for the virus definition updates. You can always download Norton, but it wont keep the virus scanner up to date with the latest viruses (you need to keep the virus scanner up to date.)

7 bucks for a one year sub is about right, so you need to buy another year.

my advise is to take this opportunity to get rid of norton (it sucks) and get something decent. Eset NOD32 is what I use. there are good free virus checkers available (avg?) but i havent used them. NOD32 is awesome

This is a big thing you are attempting. If you have a Dell and you have the reinstall disk that should be pretty easy. if not get some help.

make sure you know how to back up your poker tracker and anything else important.

the guy earlier was right. a reformat is not neccessary, however a quick format only takes a second and thats much better than accidently have two installs on windows on the same partition.

have a look at this

http://www.cyberwalker.com/topic.php?id=45

make sure you are 100% sure you can do it before you start.

it might take four or 5 hours to get everthing back and working

edit. i could do this in my sleep now but ive messed up a good few computer learning how. it would be better if you get some help. everyones got a computer geek neighbour and they're usually happt to help if you pretend to be there friend for a few hours.