View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: South America General Questions

Bolivia rocks. La Paz, Rruenabaque (spelling?), Ouruo, Potosi, and Sucre were all awesome. We went farther west in the jungle, over to Trinidad (we got there by boat up the river: crazy story)... but, it's more off the beated track and probably not for everybody. I never went to Sanata Cruz, but I never heard anything good about it and wouldn't recommend going there... mostly because it's way out in eastern bolivia, while most of the sweet stuff is in central/west. Lake titicaka is also awesome, and way better from the Bolivian side (isle del sol) than the Peruvian (Puno). Chile was a little expensive (in comparison to rest of SA) but it is beautiful. Argentina is a must... go to Mendoza but also to the Lake District: Bariloche, El Bolson. Great hiking and awesome food. Buenos Aires rocks, as most everybody said. I liked Urugauy... Montevideo I liked a lot.. go to the market there and eat a steak off the open grill.. I can't believe I cant' remember the name of this style of cooking (spanish for BBQ, I think)... start's with a "v".. anyway, it's one of the best steaks i've ever had... Punta del Este was pretty good, La Palonia up the coast towards Brazil we liked too...

Anyway, there's more if you're interested. Esepcially in Boliva, I stayed a long time there on two occasions.