View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: A question (mostly) for AC\'ers, about the rule of law.

[ QUOTE ]
Am I being levelled, or should I quote the four instances in this thread in which I have very explicitly stated what I'm asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, it's largely the same as the toxic waste, air pollution, etc questions.

Statism- I love pouring toxic waste over my yard (don't ask how I got it, I did some things I'm not proud of). This obviously gets into the water table and fudges the water supply of my county (the stuff was really nasty). I'm taken to court for violating state/federal laws. End o' story

No State- I love pouring toxic waste over my yard (don't ask how I got it, I did some things I'm not proud of). This obviously gets into the water table and fudges the water supply of my immediate area. My neighbors complain about growing third arms, but since I've never entered into a contract with them, they have no recourse, unless of course they want to tell me what's right and wrong on my own property. More over, even if they think it's wrong, what DRO do we go to, mine, theirs, a 3rd option maybe? I'm not going of course, because I know most people won't understand my love of toxic waste dumping, but hey they'll probably get tired of complaining, and all they know is
"their teeth have never been whiter and their garden's spitting out 50 lb. tomatoes".

Honestly, I don't know how to answer your question completely, but I think I understand what you're asking. For me personally, I'm all in favor of little exceptions like that (and I understand the nature of subjectives like "little" and the slippery slope).

Cody