View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Sit \'N Go strategy-reviews?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is classic bad advice because it presents only 2 options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say there were only two outcomes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say you said there were only two outcomes. I said you presented two outcomes. Your sentence provided a sort of Hobson's choice, when no such choice exists.

[/ QUOTE ]My sentence was part of a larger post, the point of which was to address why I think limping KK UTG is bad. I was giving an example of how things can go really wrong when you limp big pairs. However, I did not stop with this so-called "Hobson's choice"- I explained the liming can easily lead to playing a big pair OOP in a multi-way pot, which is a situation you want to avoid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I highlighted the outcome of getting stacked post flop if you let people in cheap because it is a situation that is easy to avoid and there is little value in not avoiding it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's easy to avoid obviously. But it's far from necessarily true that there's little value in not avoiding it. An obvious classic situation is when there is an aggressive player or 2 behind you at the table who like to punish limpers by raising.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, with a read that an agressive player who likes to punish limpers I will limp big pairs; however, I can't remember ever having this kind of read in the early levels of a STT because I simply don't have enough hands. Also, my read must be that this player will raise me if I limp, but not give me action if I simply raise. If he'll give me action to a raise, I'd rather just do that because then I can play my hand a little more disguised than if I l/r, which basically announces my hand as soon as the chips go in. If the aggressive player has half a brain, he'll fold. If he's not folding to a l/r, chances are we'd have gotten it in anyway if I'd played it more straightforwardly.