View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: 5CD MTT - Are you always capping it here?

I have to disagree with you saying that JJ88K is a marginal reraise. If you just call then the BB is getting odds for straight and flush draws (I think). And I certainly don't want to give him those odds. I think it's more of an isolation play to reraise, and as you say in low stakes and donkaments i think his range is a lot of things less than j's up.

If you're going to play this hand I think you have to reraise or fold.

Now if you're in the BB then it becomes a "value" raise, but I think that cold caller will have Kings up or better (or make his come hand) a large enough percentage of the time that I don't even know if I'd do that. Bigpooch, maybe you can show numbers to prove me wrong, but one thing is for sure, they ain't folding.

I don't understand pooch how when your'e not in the BB it's a bad raise but in the BB is. Can you explain a bit more? (I'm not being patronizing I really want to know).

Either way I disagree with you because you need to isolate with your high two pair, and don't forget that his range, though lacking KK, includes all lower 2 pairs. I reraise to get the big blind OUT. And plus, if it does get capped, my post draw decision is MUCH easier. If it isn't capped, and your opponent draws three, and they bet out I guess most people would just fold but you have a decision. Same problem if they draw 1 then bet out (here it is often a faield flush draw). However, if you reraise and the betting is capped, and they draw 1 then you know to fold and save a small bet.