View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Standard Deviation

[ QUOTE ]

1. My SD is 25 and my hr rate is ~$7 at the $1/$2 limit games. The bankroll I have in the site I play at is ~$350. Can someone interpret what this all means? Does it mean that my flux is +-$25 of my bankroll? or my hr rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familiar with PO. Does it give units for those numbers? Is it $7/hr winrate with a SD of $25/hr? Given those numbers, I calculate a RoR much less than 1%.

What does it mean? Here's one way to look at it: Suppose you play 100 hours of poker. For 68 of those hours, you'd expect to win $7 +/- $25, i.e. between -$18 and $32. That's a range of one standard deviation about the mean. For 95 of those hours, you would expect the result to be that you win between $7 +/- ($25)*2. I.E. between -$43 and $57. That's a range of 2 SDs about the mean.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Also, I punch in the above numbers at this site that calculates the Risk of Ruin and the results are less than 1%. Does this mean that assuming that I continue to play basically the same way at the same level and don't tilt any more than I have while accumulating my stats, that my risk of ruin is less than 1%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if the numbers are accurate. Your confidence increases as you play more hours.

[ QUOTE ]

3. One more question... Does anyone know of a site I could plug in all my states and a report would come back that would suggest ways to fix my leaks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. You can post your numbers here and people will have a go at it. In my opinion, this is very superficial and only marginally helpful though.