View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
out of curiosity, about how many 2+2ers are in proximity to Thailand right now (Thailan + Laos, + Cambodia, maybe even Vietnam)?

How many plan on going in the next year?
Like seriously planning, (research stuff, know you will have free time to travel, saving up $, etc...)

Is it common for 2+2ers to not only meet up, but to hang out for multiple days?

I want to go eventually, possibly as soon as spring or summer 08.

The 2+2 community over there is a factor in my trip going. It would be much more comforting knowing I would have some degenerates who could either show me around, or guide me in my travel.

Hell, down the line, if our travels are success, we can pitch in on a property and work out a time share type of deal, and have a 2+2 club house!

[/ QUOTE ]

I came here 1.5 months ago and have spent most of my time in BKK.

I met up with a couple 2p2ers for a beer and found that their apartment/hotel was a lot better than mine and moved into the same building. We have hung out/ gone out together a lot since.

Though I cannot quote a number for how many are in the region, I would say that there definitely isn't a 'community'. Maybe I haven't dug enough. The problem here is that there are not too many long term expats that a typical 2p2er would want to hang out with. There are a lot of young westerners here, but they are on a 1-2 week vacation. Most of the permanents are older men here for one reason or another (see: sex trade).

So, I kinda wish there was more of a community. I lived in Buenos Aires for 3 years (and will be going back) and my core group of friends were all pros. Though all were not necessarily 2p2ers, it was an optimal situation, as we were very like minded and had similar interests.

On a side note: I am heading to Bali for a month. Anybody living there? Anybody wanna grab a beer, eat some fondue, play some croquet, etc...?