View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: can anyone be a winning poker player?

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess that means that only I would know the answer to whether or not I should quit? I feel that I should quit, but at the same time I love playing so much... Should I go to some type of counseling? (christ, i sound so emo. my apologies.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do love the game, I see no point in quitting. Why should you quit doing something you like? I don't see the point. Poker is a game of skill. If you are a loosing player, you just have to study more (and play more).

Of course, along your way to become a winning player, you gotta stay diciplined enough to only play for small money you can afford to loose with a smile. An alternative is of course play money.

Take myself, for instance. I'm a loosing player. So what? The more I play the better I get. I like playing it. So I don't quit. Instead I try to study and learn. Of course I only do that because I like to play the game, and it's more fun when you master it (like every other game).

I believe all loosing players can turn into winners. It's not like some people are doomed forever in this game, although I know the feeling.

Yes, some people don't have what it takes to get to the very top, becoming millionares and superstars.

But I think all people can turn into winners overall, if they just study hard enough and have the will.

Like Phil Gordon says: "I don't have to be the greatest. I just have to be better than a few of my opponents at the table".

I can, and you can. It may take time, but if we stay focused, we are going to get there.

When you read poker books, hang out on this forum, analyze your hands and always look out for ways to improve, you will ALLWAYS have an edge as opposed to people who don't. And there's lots of them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Take care,

Karl