View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Recommend me a Technical Analysis book

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read "The Intelligent Investor" instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm? I didn't realize that was a technical analysis book? What kinds of TA methods does it focus on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the greatest and most effective TA method ever, the "not using TA" method.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotta love the open mindedness of the Finance section. So, if Buffet can't figure it out or use it, I guess it just doesn't work. So, I guess Steven Cohen and Bruce Kovner are on the Forbes riches people by sheer and freak luck.

THE HUN.

[/ QUOTE ]

just because you, and a few experts can succeed at TA doesn't mean most will. The worlds great investors list (guys who've proven their skill over decades) is full of FA types.

And LOL at SAC's success being due to TA.

[ QUOTE ]

The payments grease the superpowerful information machine that Cohen has built at SAC. The firm's credo, says a former SAC trader, is to "try to get the information before anyone else." The torrent of commissions wins Cohen the clout that often makes him privy to trading and analyst information ahead of rivals. Says one analyst: "I call Stevie personally when I have any insight or news tidbit on a company. I know he'll put the info to use and actually trade off it." Cohen expects to get the first call when an analyst upgrades or downgrades a stock, and if he doesn't, offenders have been known to get a tongue-lashing from SAC traders. Brokers lavish plenty of other privileges on him. For instance, SAC was a big beneficiary of allocations of red-hot initial public offering shares during the Internet boom, according to several former SAC traders.

[/ QUOTE ]