View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: A question (mostly) for AC\'ers, about the rule of law.

[ QUOTE ]
Nielso: Yes, I know all that. I am not asking how you would prefer the law to be (or not be). I am wondering whether, given that the law and the state exist as they do, would you prefer that occasional exceptions are made in minor cases like the one in the OP.

MidGe: Read the topic again. It's a question about the rule of law, from a particular perspective. It's not about whether AC is stupid. If you want to talk about consistency, bureaucracy, and the rule of law from a different perspective, that's great. Just please don't turn this thread into a copy of half the other threads in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there a problem in the original setup in that you are asking about exceptions to a law in ACland, but in ACland there are no laws, there are only individual contracts and transactions. So, when the cow is discovered to be diseased, it is up to individuals to initiate whatever transaction they deem appropriate in light of the potential danger. There is no "enforcement" of anything, other than the ultimate judgement that arises from the transaction, which would be enforced under the terms of the DROs order.