View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Theory: Hands where ICM doesn\'t work

Thanks for your post. This is very interesting to me. I think the graph for hand 1 looks good.

The second graph is the interesting part. If we assume that SB will push with something between 90 and 100% of his hands then we should call with 34-38%.
That is a calling range with hands like:
22 A2 K5 Q9 JT K2s Q7s J8s T9s

That's a lot wider range than I would have expected, but the more I think about the situation the more I think it might be correct. If we double up the first hand then the other shorty must double up twice in a row if we decide to keep folding after that.

From looking at your graph and comparing it to some PokerStove win% it seems like we need to win about 53% of the hands when we call. Is that correct? Can you get that information from SitNGo Wiz?

[ QUOTE ]
For every possible outcome of the current game, FGS creates a simulation of what may happen in next few games.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands in advance does it calculate?
Does it consider things like 3-way pots?
For example if we fold. Next hand will be:
CO 400
BTN 9500
SB 201 (HERO)
BB 3400

CO can either call or fold. If he pushes then BTN can either fold, call or push. If BTN calls then the hand will most likely be 3-way. (BB will check most of his hand.) If BTN decides to push then BB will most likely fold unless he has a good hand. So then the pot will be HU. (In all scenarios we will fold unless we pick up a monster like AA).
If CO folds his hand then BTN will most likely steal the blinds resulting in:

CO 10100
BTN 1 (HERO)
SB 3000
BB 400

If CO calls here, then SB will almost always call and the pot is 3-way. If CO either pushes or folds, then the pot will almost always be HU. (We will always fold, even with pocket Aces.)

How does SitNGo Wizard assign probabilities for each scenario? Is it possible to view the decision tree and assign your own ranges for what hands the big stack will push/call with?

FGS seems like a big step forward compared to regular ICM in these situations, but in order for it to be correct, the probabilities for each scenario must be realistic.

Is the FGS beta available to the public yet? Thought I didn't need Wiz since I have had SnGPT for ages, but maybe I have to buy it after all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]