Thread: I exhaled
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: I exhaled

OP,

Maybe your old man really does breathe loud and not realize it. Without being there we have no clue.

That said, people with rabbit ears are tricky to play with. I see where they're coming from - it's common courtesy to STFU when someone is about to hit - but it sometimes seems as if they go out of their way to find sounds to screw with them. Also, if they're douches by default, it compounds the problem since they'll blame their poor shots on being distracted.

Last week I was playing with one such guy. He's part of our regular group and is always the victim. First hole, greens are slow and crappy, he hits a put that gets maybe 70% of the way to the hole from about 25 feet. He turns to a maintenance guy about 40 yards away who had a chainsaw and was cutting up the fallen limb of the tree and starts yelling at him. THANKS A LOT, WE'RE PLAYING OVER HERE, etc. What's LOL about it is that the guy clearly started cutting after he had struck the ball but it was a convenient excuse.

Guys like the villain in OP's story need to find a way to internalize for their own good. Think about the shot, the line, etc., and outside agents won't be as much of a problem. Yet some are better at this than others.