View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread JULY PT 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had a little bit of money on Stars and I'm a bit rusty lately so I decided to play a little 100nl on Pstars. Couple observations:

1. The games are super tight in general, seems like there are only tight (< 30 vpip) players in these games.

2. Thankfully, they're pretty much all terrible with the exception of a few players. Still, I didn't come across any "good" players, although there were a couple solid players around I don't particularly want to sit with but certainly wouldn't avoid.

3. Even though the games are tighter than Party, I think they're probably about equal overall in terms of how easy the games are to beat. Stars doesn't have a lot of donks but the regulars are so terrible and easy to run over that there is very little variance.

4. I used to despise of the software on Pokerstars, but I'm actually becoming quite fond of it to be honest. Very smooth to multitable and looks ok too.

5. 100nl on stars is beatable for probably 7-10ptbb long term from a good player, IMO. Not trying to flatter myself or anything, but the gap between me and 98% of the players there is pretty huge.

Edit: I'd do a prop bet if there was enough money in it that I could win 10k in a month at 100nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we set a hand limit and can do 9.0 I might be interested in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't do it with a hand limit but I doubt I'd play more than 100k hands anyways.

I don't even think I'd be up for it on second thought, but perhaps if I got enough takers / thought it was +EV then I'd go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you beat 2/4 for any decent rate this is pretty easy

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that it's easy because I'd have to put in a ton of hands and I'm pretty bad at that, but I'm pretty sure I could maintain a > 5 ptbb winrate pretty easily and from there it's just play 2-3k hands a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say easy i mean that if you took this bet the only thing that would keep you from accomplishing it would be not playing enough hands/hours.