View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: LO8 - Strategy Question

[ QUOTE ]

I have another problem in that I get frustrated when I get hosed. Example: last week I had A477 and flopped 755. We had a capped flop and the turn came Q and the river 9. A guy turns over QQT7 to scoop. This guy called 3 bets cold PF and 4 bets on the flop to hit a 2 outer. You want to play with these guys, but it is really hard to be patient.

Buzz is right: winning at this game is all math, no poker. The skills you learned here at 2p2 and in your mid- and high-limit ring games online are of little use. But it is easy to beat if you avoid frustration and take the longview, which sometimes gets hard to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt QQT7 isnt a decent hand but actually I believe yours a477 whas even worse.

I made a small experiment with cardplayer calculator nad entered 3 hands, 2 of them i what I comsider premiums (AK32 and AJJ%)and the 3rd one was yours and your opponents to see how they rate.

Here are the equities

AK32 - 0.407
AJJ5 - 0.405
A774 - 0.188

And next set

AK32 - 0.504
AJJ5 - 0.264
QQT7 - 0.232

So actually QQT7 rates to score better against premiums then yours A477. So if we call QQT7 hopeless hand then what to say about yours??

Of course on flop this guy was on a suicide mission, but the point is when you start a story i was there in a 3-bet pot with A477 and then got really unlucky you miss the the thing that your hand was bad and you get very lucky by catching a miracle flop, but in the long run you will lose money with it.

A477 is so bad bacuse it had almost no chance for low and to get the high you gotta hit the set, and omaha 8b is not a game where you should setmine.