View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: So who\'s going to immediately withdraw from Neteller on 7/30?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another good question is who is going to sign the release?

http://content.neteller.com/content/...te_us.htm#120a

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the Release?
When US members request to withdraw the funds they will be asked to agree to a Release which, in broad terms, is an agreement between NETELLER and the member that each releases the other from potential legal claims. US members do not need to agree to the Release in order to request and receive the payment of funds. However, US members who do not agree to the Release will, in turn, not be released by NETELLER.

lol.......... yeah, who would sign that?!

[/ QUOTE ]

its not really that funny of a no-brainer answer. None of this will probably happen, but in theory:

Don't sign the release:
1. Bad: Neteller or its stockholders could in theory file class action or individual suits because you agreed not to do any illegal transactions as part of their TOC (yeah, yeah playing isn't illegal)
2. Good: if the DOJ decides to go after some people who were sportsbetting or something, you can add neteller as a third-party defendant for indemnification ("neteller knew I was doing something illegal and they helped me do it")

You do sign the release:
1. Good: Neteller can't sue you.
2. Bad: If you end up getting raked over the coals at some point by DOJ or IRS, etc., you can't go after neteller ("after all I couldn't have done it without them/they should be responsible...they even plead guilty already")

Tough call which way to go IMO.