View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Greg owns

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny u posted that b/c I actually talked to Greg on the phone 2 days ago over exactly this issue (and i wrote him a v long email about it and he actually wrote me back a personalized reply that was not just a cut and paste of the one 3 posts up; v nice to know that he actually put the time in to write me a unique reply instead of the typical Party BS formmails when he very easily could have just done so, given that all u guys are writing in about this too.

Anyway, upshot of the convo: He is 100% aware of the issue and spoke with upper mgmt about it and:

1) He agrees 100% with the ratholer thing and knows that Party is one of the last sites to implement a ratholing policy.

2) NO CHANGE is coming in the near-term, apparently b/c the programmers have told him repeatedly that to implement the ratholing feature would require a major re-jigging of the software (feel free to comment on whether this is BS or not...i'm just relaying what he told me). Probably nothing on this front before 2008.

3) A change, however, that we *might* see later in 2007 (beyond me why they couldn't implement this TOMORROW if they wanted) is that they might up the min buyin on the higher-limit tables to 40BB instead of the current 20BB. This is a step in the right direction altho obv still doesn't fix the problem entirely.

also, how do i get invited to golf tournies!!??? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

lastly, in response to all the swapping requests in this thread; i'm too lazy to go through and answer them personally, but I can help with swaps altho i charge a vig (check the Zoo person-to-person transfer thread for references; i've been vouched for like a billion times)