View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: FTP 10+1 MTT Final Table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that most of the time jamming is the best play here. In fact, I'm 95% sure I'd jam in your place.

That said, there might be something to be said for raising to 24k or so, though. That looks more likely to be a monster, for one thing. Also, if after that raise you get action from another player behind you and UTG plays too, I think you can safely throw away your JJ, confident you're up against an overpair. You would have to call a rereraise by UTG, I think, because of pot odds and the likelihood you're against AK, but it could get you away from a monster from one of the other 7 players.

This very well may be FPS, and it would only work against tight, ABC, predictable players (maybe a more reasonable play live?) but I wonder what people think?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really really bad. You'd have to call a shove from anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you? I'm not sure. I think we can be reasonably sure that a reraise from a 3rd player here is AA/KK/QQ. So we're a 4.5 to 1 dog, right? We won't get those odds if player x jams and everyone else folds. Again, I don't think I'd actually make this play, but I'm not so sure it's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you have to include AK. Raising half your stack and then folding is not a good idea.