View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: playing against ratholers

[ QUOTE ]

pete, are u saying u are making as much now as u did during ur pinkprincess days back when people did like 10 times as many retarded moves as they do today?

[/ QUOTE ]

ive made more per hour shortstacking this year than last year playing less tables, but i'm playing 25/50 mostly and in the pinkprincess days it was 10/20.

but when i first started, before everyone started hopping the bandwagon, yes, it was much easier. in general the tags arent as retarded as they used to be. i think that's because they've now realized that there actually are winning shortstackers and there's no point in just giving money away. back then you could step into a game and just wait for hands and shove for value and make a pile of money. now, if you haven't done the math (and there's a LOT of math to do), you'll be a very marginal winner at best at 3/6+. you can't just wait for big hands. you have to consider your opponents' ranges and your fold equity and resteal a bunch and if you haven't done the calculations they'll just run you over. that's why the nitty/bad shortstacks like fatalerror who used to be "good" aren't really making any money anymore.

basically, if you're not already doing it, it's not worth the effort to learn to shortstack effectively anymore unless you really like doing boring math. it's better just to learn full stack, which is useful in the juicy live games as well, not to mention tournaments.