View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: NFL Preseason Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I had this argument with Fink alot last year. The Eagles defense is relying on their reputation. They are no longer the great defense they were. They don't stink by any means, I just think that they are going to continue to decline and that Eagles fans will have problems seeing it because of how good they have been for so many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100% that this defense is nowhere near as talented as the 2001, 2002, 2003 groups. Tough to say what direction they will go, as there are a lot of young players that the Eagles are relying on to contribute. But in a few years, Dawkins will be gone, which will be gigantic. I do think that this defense has the capability to be a top 10 defense, but it wouldn't shock me if they weren't, much like last year.

D

PS One more note on the Redskins - the reason I doubt them is mostly because of Dan Snyder and how much he undervalues draft picks. In 06', they had no 1, 3, or 4. In 05', no 2 or 3. In 04' no 2 or 4. This has to have an effect on the team's ability to improve from year to year.

I will say this - the picks that they have made have been good. I think they have more potential than the Giants this year b/c of players like Campbell and Landry, who could improve dramatically.