View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Default $200 at TRUE Personal Challenge

I am a 60 year old retired banker, a lifelong poker player and a profitable online poker hobbyist since 2001. Unfortuneately, like many of us - my post-UIGEA results have suffered in a much tougher poker environment.

To counter this and in an attempt to plug the holes in my game I am creating my personal challenge to turn a $200 deposit into $2500 in 90 days. Since I am single tabling, part time small stakes NL player this would seem to be a legitimately challenging goal.

I have chosen the TRUE Poker network for my challenge. I will be playing at Third Bullet, a True skin. I chose True for several reasons. It is a small site,it does not support the poker software popular with the multitable pros and has a very unique style of play. Because of the nature of the site and the very high blind to max buy-in ratio the play is extremely swingy with a high variance. In addition, it is a primarily Canadian site and the folks from Canada seem to have a lot of gambool in them. This makes discipline a must and that is one of the traits I am trying to improve. In addition, the folks at Third Bullet have been extremely kind and I have received extraordinary service from them.

So, that is my personal challenge. I realize most of you have no interest in this at all, but Mike H suggested I post this as a way of making it more "official" in my own mind. I will update this post as appropriate. Let's see if an old dog really can learn any new tricks.

I urge any of you who have struggled in this new environment to create your own challenge, to improve your game and go to that next level.