View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: How would you handle this typical situation?

Without reading everybody else's work:

On the face of it straightforward play is as follows:

a) Bet, for value and to protect the nice hand from the flush draw.

b) Bet, as above.

c) as above

d) check and hope for a freebie (checkraise say 25%)

e)check and hope for a freebie (Checkraise 15%)

f) check and hope for a miracle.

I know it's simplistic approach but I'd rather bet to protect my made hands and hope to fold any hands that may suck out. Our button guy likes to steal and that's what you're hinting at. But how often can you say he will bet? 50% maybe less. I bet and if I get raised on the 1st three I don't feel bad at all. I may have to fold the t8s if I get too much heat or more overcards or the flush draw comes in.

My checks on the last 3 hands will leave me with the oppotrunity for the reraise should I wish. Hands d and e are the two to get jiggy with every now and reraise him as with the j9s you have 2 overcards to the 8 and a BDFD to give some hope should he not fold when you bet into him on the turn, provided he dosen't fold immediately. Again the 22 has some showdown value and a 2 would be christmas.

I prefer to raise the hands with minimal value on the flop as I can get away easier if he gets superagressive when played with.

The final hand is doomed, only a direct hit on the turn would spark me into life.

Of course we have to vairy our play the odd flop bluff with d and e timed correctly are in order but again I would not be overusing this play.

I just dont bluff hand f and check and fold it as it offers no getout whatsoever. I believe that every bluff you make in holdem should be a semibluff even if it's a 2 outer if you get called.