View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: What\'s the point of the \"can\'t lie about your hand\" rule?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have no idea what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, title wrong. Situation: UTG raise, re-raised by 3 seat. One other caller. UTG caps, saying "mine are paint, and the same." Both call. Flop comes Q high, UTG says "I hit my set of queens." Lot of action to show down, UTG shows queens. 3 seat wants the hand dead. Lot of arguing, ending up in a decision that the 3 seat is technically correct about the rule, but UTG just gets a warning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lying or telling the truth about your cards hand nothing to do with it. The only time you can talk about a hand, while it is in progress, is in a cash game and the action is heads up and you are one of those two players.

Talking about a hand during a hand means saying what you have or lying about what you have or speculating about an opponent's hand. This sort of thing usually happens on the river when a player is facing a big bet and is deciding what to do. As well, the player who made the bet can either lie or tell the truth about what he has.

The penalty for breaking this rule is usually a warning and then a time penalty. It is very rare to kill a hand because of this.