View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: $60 - L2 AQs - it is too late to fold preflop

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but the thing is if you hit your flush, you aren't getting much out of them on the river. What's the point of having TPTK with a draw to the nuts if you're just going to win a tiny pot?

It's very rare that UTG is going to lead out flop, then turn checks through to you, then you get CRed. Only hand that plays like that is a poorly played monster. And Ho Chi Minh should be better than that, which just leaves MP3 to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I think you're missing the point.

If nobody has much of anything, you win the small pot on the turn instead of the river, so what's the point of betting? Knock out draws, I suppose, but really I'm more than happy to take that chance.

There are plenty of scenarios where you get paid off on the river since it's a backdoor flush, and there are cards that help your opponents but help you more, and maybe somebody can't get away from a goofily-played AA or a set.

Plus you can generally win a little something extra on the river, because you have under-represented your hand, so Villains will call a river bet with just about any made hand.

Meanwhile it's a disaster if you get c/r on the turn. It might not be all that common, but why take the risk, when you have plenty of upside IMHO by seeing a card?

All of this gets magnified b/c there are two Villains.