View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: peeling 2 streets with a bad pair

no offence, but this is pretty horrible imo. you are just gambling on him not having a hand. more often that not he will have a hand and you will lose more than you win.

i was going to write about how 'feel' hands are a lot of crap (imo), and that you should always use your brain rather than your gut instinct, but luckychewy put it so well i would only do a weaker job, in that:

[ QUOTE ]

some thoughts i have on when you feel like you are 'due' to get played back at are that sometimes you're just fooling yourself and are looking for false justification to call down in marginal spots because you've been beating up on a guy in a bunch of pots or have a bad image. sometimes of course though you are correct in doing so and are actually going to get played back at vs. some guys. it's really hard to comment on in isolation and there is a very fine line between the two imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

however, i disagree with the latter half, that you are correct in doing so. just becuase he was bluffing in a particular hand, obv as you know doesn't mean it was correct to call down, so in fact your bad play just got lucky, in that this time he actually had a bad hand. imo instead you should of reraised/folded, rather than calling down.