View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Fold Equity (Request for Definition and Examples)

[ QUOTE ]
Semi-bluffs might be the easiest example to see the fold equity concept. Say you've got the nut flush draw plus a gut-shot straight after the flop. With a big combo draw like this you're prolly a small favorite to make the winning hand by the river. A lot of people decide to push a strong drawing hand like this because if they are called they're prolly not in a bad situation but by pushing the betting instead of waiting for the hand to develop they pick up a lot of fold equity when their opponent has a hand that has a good amount of equity in the pot (let's say middle pair against that strong combo draw where both players have about 50% equity in the pot) but decides to fold. That's the easiest way to start understanding the concept anyway, imo. FE is a big part of the reason why they say "it's better to be a bettor than a caller".

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright this example and the one about shoving ATC in certain situations probably makes things the most clear because it's something I already do and understand. I didn't really know there was a term for it but yeah the whole concept makes sense. It just seems like whenever I see someone talking about FE on the board it's not always consistent or maybe some people just explain or apply it differently. Thanks for the help guys.