View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Nick Rivers

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: In mid 2006, I was a consistent winner in the 25-50 NL games at Pokerroom, be they full-ring or short-handed. Leading up to that, I won at their 5-10 and 10-20 games, full ring, short-handed and heads up as I built up to 25-50.

Beat: In the here and now, I can't even beat 2-4 NL at Full Tilt. WTF. In 20,000 hands, I'm ahead $13.55, a powerful 0.06775 cents per hand. Are the current 2-4 ring games at FTP really tougher than the 25-50 games at Pokerroom were last year?

Variance: Maybe it's just the BS beats I take day in and day out and the riggedness of FTP. My favorite today was losing an all-in with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on a 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop. Or maybe A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] going down to 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in a re-reraised pot with a board of Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Graph, but 20k break even is so standard.