View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: playing against ratholers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
el oh el. Good shortstackers are good poker players. You make an adjustment and they will make a counter-adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]
el oh el

[/ QUOTE ]

this is esp funny because if ratholers were good at poker they wouldnt be ratholing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very ignorant. A) I beat 3/6 for 6PTBB/100 100% of my play there is full stacked. B) I beat 10/20 for 6PTBB/100 and 100% of my play there is shortstacked. I do not have the 100k roll necessary to play 10/20. Two things that are happening are: I'm building up a roll to play higher, and I'm learning a lot by reading the HH's in the games I sit at. I certainly don't feel skilled enough to play 10/20 yet. I do think that I can beat 5/10 now full stacked. But since I'm relying solely on poker for income I want to have nearly 100k roll before I step into these games full time. I think that shortstacking it is more profitable for me however, so I will continue doing it.

It's very childish of many of the shortstack haters out there to make the statements they do. There are a variety of reasons: Barry Greenstein plays this way online, would you call him ratholing scum? Doubt it. The most important reason is that it's profit maximizing for me. I don't remember when poker went from being about money to being about respect for the deepstack 10/20 gods. I don't like shortstackers being at my 3/6 games, but I don't complain about it either. I have a [winning]strategy against them, and I have a strategy for the 600$ stacks and every other stacksize for that matter. If you can't adjust, it's a huge leak in your game. Don't blame anyone for exploiting your weaknesses but yourself.

/rant