View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: peeling 2 streets with a bad pair

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you call the c/r on the flop I like the turn call because I makes so little sense for a random donk to double barrel when the K hits (is he really calling your raise with K6/K7? or 67 oop?). If you think this guy is a donk and that he keeps c/fing I don't think he is the type of individual with value bet A7 relatively thin.

I like a river fold (gross if you spike a 5 or 6 tho). In my experience random donks don't mind the c/r when it looks like you may be cbetting with air and then turn bet again when the "scare" overcard hits, but they won't follow through with the third barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ignoring the fact he could have flop sets or 2 pairs here and thus is not scared of the king turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, definitely. I am presuming that jfish would have made an extra note if the villain was enough of a donk to call from the sb with 62 or 72, so we can knock those two pairs out, and even then I do not know many people rushing to play 67 oop against an aggressive player. 22,66,77 are definite possibilities. Just in my experience a donk playing very passively is not the type to vb a7/88/99 (I presume he reraises 1010+ at least from a button raise?) thin - I think his range is made up much more of random crap deciding to bluff than set/67.

Honestly, I am still undecided whether I like the flop call or not... but if you call the flop this is a good turn to call as well and be happy about checking behind on the river if he checks to you.