View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: playing against ratholers

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't mind SSers as long as they're not redic short. If sponger chimed in, I reckon he'd agree particularly HU. I would MUCH MUCH rather play someone who buys in for 40-80BB without question.

I remember a discussion on this where Raptor said something like him and durrrr having very different beliefs about SSers. Raptor hates playing shorties and durrrr will play anyone regardless of the number of chips brought to the table.

I don't even think it's close regarding who I make most of my money off.

Sponger said in a July Gen. Discussion Thread something like "If the fish bought in for the max, I'd play them".

For me, profit is profit whether it comes in all-in 200BB spots or smaller increments of 80-160BB spots. I would put a lot of money on saying SSers, not the real >20BB RHers, provide a great deal of my winnings. I am sure that I encounter a tonne more 80-160BB pots and as long as I look at those situations positively, again...profit is profit.

Just like OP said, play them for what they are...play a solid strategy versus them and that'll be that.

Now don't shoot me down people lol. I just don't mind SSers largely.

Of course, the disclaimer is that people who SS bigger games usually know a little summit about poker so I'm sure they are more annoying...but, at the MSNL stake, well, read above.