View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: NFL Preseason Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Cody,

What do you think Ugoh's transition to the NFL will be like? My thinking is that on one hand, Manning's ability to read coverages/blitzes and assign protection will help, but at the same time the Colts run such a complicated offense that I can see Ugoh really struggling. What is the track record (if any) for rookie O-Lineman in the Manning offense? Are they going to start him at LT?

Ok here's my shot at the offseason thing:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh thank god you're here Fink, I thought all the NFL fans left. And nice work on the PHI card, shows what I know for forgeting the projection for the Colts.

As for Ugoh, he shouldn't start. From what I've seen and read he's not ready yet, and that was, as I understand it, the plan: play him at L/R Gaurd and get him used to the snapcount. Next year, Glenn retires and he steps in, I honestly feel that had that have happend, given the Colts staff, the transition would've been damn near seemless.

Now that that is no longer an option, it looks like any one of Diem (starting RT), C. Johnson (backup R/L T) or Ugoh could start/share minutes.

Ugoh himself is going to do fine. By all accounts he's a decently smart kid, and Peyton loves to talk to each player and get them in sync.

Lastly, the Colts will probably be fine on O. The most important factor is that Peyton is a football demi-god. That's about as far as it goes. The staff will find someone that works at tackle and I'd be shocked to see more then 20-25 sacks, Peytons reads/release are just that quick.

Colts Season Outlook-B+
*We aren't going to see repeat champs, but another epic AFC title game with NE isn't out of the question. The O is strong enough to carry the team through most meetings AFC or NFC.
That said, the team is just to thin on D to really hold up. Of course, they still have Bob Sanders and his bowel-loosening hits and Dwight Freeney drawing double and triple teams, so who knows

Record: 11-5, 3 seed AFC, Division loss to SD/AFC champ loss to NE.

[ QUOTE ]
Added depth on the D-Line with Reagor

[/ QUOTE ]

Fink, you guys got a steal here. Reagor was a real cap-casualty. He's not an All-Pro but I'm sure the Colts would've loved to keep him if at all possible.

Cody