View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: How would you handle this typical situation?

hand A
IMO this is a really hard spot i could see both better out and checking ... betting out since we should be betting these flops a lot in the first place (and hope someone also has a little something on this board, which will get us some action)
and checking hoping someone else tries to steal the pot which gives us a chance to check raise (perhaps with someone in between) - in this spot we might get some good action from a much weaker hand as Hero doesn't necessarily need a set or two pair to check raise the flop

hand B
in small pots with ace with weaker kicker I've been checking hoping someone tries to steal the pot (my general line is c.c/c.c/bet ... or check and bet turn if checked around)
i don't think I'm giving too much up by not betting with only 2 guys in

hand C
i would bet out, really wanting others to fold (if called, would likely fold to a diamond on the turn, and sometimes check the turn anyways to let the other guy take a stab at it ... I think I would c.c the turn if I've been stealing a lot of these pots recently, as I figure I might get lighter calls like a small pp)

hand D
check-fold or bet ... depending on how often i've been betting this situation (if silent, I would lean towards a bet. I figure I can take it down a lot, I don't want to put anymore than one bet into the pot with this hand)

<font color="red">note: these next two hands are similar to this last hand ... I would bet them or check them depending on how I'm been playing this situation recently</font>

hand E
with one card higher then the second card on the board and a bdfd we have a decent hand to fall back on if called

hand F
sometimes betting is complete crap is just FUN [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]