View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Winrate Limit/NL discussion

I honestly believe the games are still great if you excersice patience , site selection and game selection..

I see so many multi-tabling tags sitting at the worst tables ever and I dont understand how they make money...

The great advantage of being able to play a lot of games at a high level is the ability to GAME select as well as site/table select.

EG when the SH limit tables suck ass on stars 5/10 and 10/20 I go play HU limit on full tilt, or 1/2 NL on stars, or PLO... etc..

If your sole goal is to make money, then go to NL. It's much better and less stressful. I have a friend who is a 8 tabling 1/2 NL nit grinder on stars and he makes just as much as me when I have 4 tables of 5/10 and 10/20 SH limit.

Only catch is my swings are wayyyy wilder than his, and my games are much tougher. His graph over 150k hands is pretty much a straight line upwards.

I stay at SH limit cause it suits my inner poker spirit.
Constnatly be involved, pound on pots and see a lot of showdowns. Quite frankly, I love it, and it's fun. NL bores me.

I occasionally make big mistakes due to impulse/emotion, and NL really hurts you for this.. Limit limits your loss on a big mistake.