View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Winrate Limit/NL discussion

op,

background on myself. i've played over 600k limit hands, and before this year i had never played more than 2k hands of nl cash games.

this year: i picked up nl and i started winning right off the bat at nl25-nl50. without reading any books/articles/posts and without watching videos. then i moved to nl100 and continued doing well. after 57k hands i'm at 5.6ptbb/100. having so much limit exp really helped.

i have been studying the game more recently and have been watching videos and i feel i have improved greatly. my last 27k hands of nl i'm at 8.4ptbb/100.

so yes the lower nl limits seem to be very easy. i'm sure that if you put even a minimum amount of effort you'll make mucho dinero quickly.

one bit of advice: if they bet big, especially on turn/river, unless you have super duper read, don't call with lone pairs.

also, you'll be able to mimic a 1bb/100 2/4 limit player by running at around 5-6ptbb/100 at nl50. so yes, you can make $$$ quite comfortably at nl50 if your main game is 2/4 limit.