View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Trips faces river push, unraised pot...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With the strength of your line and villain's passiveness I do not really see him shoving anything that you beat. These passive players do not shove AJ/A9 on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure why it's funny. how is this any less true for the vpip/pfr stats?

Villain's river AF is 6. For a point of reference, mine is just under 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a high volume of hands for the river AF to actually mean something.

Judging by his PF stats, he is a passive calling station. Which means he is calling with worse trips and shoving his boats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, which is it...his stats don't mean anything or they mean he's passive?

You can't have both.

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP/PFR are much more reliable after 45 hands than river AF. Come on bilbo, you know what I am saying...lets not nit pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i've always considered the opposite to be true

edit: i think that your vpip/pfr numbers are more subject to the cards you are dealt, than the level of aggression you choose to show once you play a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at this. It takes a ton of hands for "river AF" stat to actually mean something.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is this any less true for the vpip/pfr stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, if you took my stats in 40 hand blocks, I don't think i'd have one block where I was 48/7 or anywhere close to that disparity in PFR/VPIP (I'm sure over some interval I have been but rare if ever).. take the same 40 hand blocks and see my AF and it's probably ranges from 0 to 20.

So i'd say, yes VPIP/PFR requires way less of a sample size.. a 10/5 over 40 can be a 20/17 tag lifetime (this is common) , but not something like 50/5 (usually)

[/ QUOTE ]

more than anything i think this says that your pf requirements have some structure. i think a donk could have pretty wide swings in vpip #'s over 40-50 hands.