View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Trips faces river push, unraised pot...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With the strength of your line and villain's passiveness I do not really see him shoving anything that you beat. These passive players do not shove AJ/A9 on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain's river AF is 6. For a point of reference, mine is just under 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a high volume of hands for the river AF to actually mean something.

Judging by his PF stats, he is a passive calling station. Which means he is calling with worse trips and shoving his boats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, which is it...his stats don't mean anything or they mean he's passive?

You can't have both.

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP/PFR are much more reliable after 45 hands than river AF. Come on bilbo, you know what I am saying...lets not nit pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i've always considered the opposite to be true

edit: i think that your vpip/pfr numbers are more subject to the cards you are dealt, than the level of aggression you choose to show once you play a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at this. It takes a ton of hands for "river AF" stat to actually mean something.

EDIT: Over 50 hands how many river cards does this villain actually see? River AF is basically saying he bets/raises the river at a good % when he gets there. How reliable can this stat be over a trial of 5 or 6 rivers?

VPIP/PFR/AF over 50 hands has 50 trials, hence more accurate.

Its really simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you have said about the river sample size is true, but i was really talking about the fact that his overall af isn't that low for having a vpip that high.

edit: sample size aside.