View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Winrate Limit/NL discussion

I am starting to think that maybe I am just not good enough to beat SH limit anymore(for any meaningful amount anyway).

After 400k hands this year, my winrate is a dismal 0.3BB/100. With all of the FPP bonuses and such, I am about even with last year, but not winning at poker is just really disheartening. Last year I played about 1/3 as many hands as I have already played this year.

I am thinking about making the switch to no-limit. I have played a couple of thousand hands at NL this year, but I have really no idea what to expect.

I really have no idea about NL winrates, If someone asked me about limit winrates I would say a really good player probably makes ~1 BB/100 nowadays. An OK player(still pretty good) probably makes about 0.25-0.5 BB/100.

A far cry from the 2-3BB/100 most of us were making last year.

But I have no idea when it comes to NL.
What is a good winrate? What is an Ok winrate?

I am thinking if I am in the OK range I will be way ahead of where I am currently at SH limit.

Is SH NL similar to Limit SH? (high varience?)

Some of you may know that I play a lot of tables, and I believe I could easily play as many table of no-limit as I do now. It seems there is very little post flop play (ie fold or all in on the flop, sometimes a turn before heavy action). I realize I am being simplistic here, but you other limit players know what I mean. However, if 6-max is better, that is the route I will try.

Where should I start? I have played 25NL-100NL but not nearly enough hands to justify anything.

I think I am a pretty good SH and FR limit player, so what level would equate to a good chance of making >$25/hr?

I would have asked this in the NL forum but they kinda seem like morans( ZOMG min-bet loolz!, move to 400NL immediately, etc)

Thanks in advance.