View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Just Saw Sicko, Now Have Question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

18,000 die each year from lack of health insurance. I posted it before and the only response I got was a lame one from Emperoer who said that they deserved their fate.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I'm English, and I've seen figures along the lines that there are between 15 000 and 48 000 avoidable deaths in the UK every year; avoidable in the sense that if the NHS (the most heavily state run health care system in Europe) were up to even average standards of European care they would not have occurred.[I can post exact figures and sources if you like, they're in a book I don't have to hand at the moment.]

Extrapolate that to a country 5 times the size and suddenly 18 000 dead because they don't have insurance doesn't look so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya... I cant understand that lack of logic, no one but a troll is that stupid. 18k dying from lack of health insurance, compared to 15k dying from EXPOSURE alone, just goes to support non-socialized health care. And thats not even taking into account the fact that the US has about 300 million people in it, while france only has 64 mill.