View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: How to get started.... Again.

[ QUOTE ]
Well i know some was variance with some big hands getting drawn out on and set over set etc. But it just seemed like my TAG strategy is a little to tight for todays games. I'm going on vacation saturday and i intend to come back ready to start winning (or atleast playing well) again.

[/ QUOTE ]

we've had a few posts recently where people say a tag game doesnt cut it. I really dont believe this ... usually it is more of a case of people just not playing as well as they think they are. I actually dont mean to sound critical because I dont know how you play but just be careful about thinking variance is the root cause of losing

[ QUOTE ]
I guess i should have been more clear. I actually have a bankroll of about 900. Generally i have been playing NL since late feb. My friend had 130 left in his bodog account and said he wasn't going to play for a while and told me to play it. I chose to play 2/4 and take a run. Thats where the 130 came from. Losing the 40BB does not have me scared, and the reason i stopped at the 130 is because i didn't want to lose his money when i was doing bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably not a great idea to be repeatedly discussing that you are playing someone elses account which (i imagine since i dont play there) likely violates bodogs T&C

where will you play? You might benefit from playing a site where you have easy access to hand histories (isnt bodog kinda crappy in this regard?) so you can analyse your play or get others to analyse your play for you (insert my standard "session reviews are zomg awesome" comment here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

anyway, goodluck and welcome back