View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
The problem that comes with trying to police this is that there is no way to tell who is cheating, who is taking a moral low ground, and who is doing something that is ok.

For an example (assume that player A does not enter the tournament):

- Player A buys Player B into a tournament with strict instructions that once Player B reaches the bubble, he will turn control of the account over to Player A for the duration of the tournament.

- Player B buys into a tournament and, once reaching the bubble, gets uncomfortable and contacts Player A asking him to take over for him.

- Player B buys into a tournament and at the bubble has a sudden (legit) emergency come up. In his scramble to leave the house as quick as possible to take care of it, he calls Player A and asks him to take over the tournament for him since his only other option is to blind out.

- Player B buys into a tournament and, atthe bubble, his power goes out. He drives over to Player A's house and uses his internet for the duration of the tournament.

From the poker site's point of view, these all look the exact same. How do you distinguish between things that are perfectly acceptable, things that are innocuous, and things that are deplorable?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are the smartest person on the internet. and you forgot to mention also that this can all just be done over AIM and have the same effect as a superstar playing, only not clicking the buttons.

jjprodigy can be banned from the poker sites but he can still AIM me and tell me what to do every hand if he wants to and I can find a way to get him his money after that genius wins. And also pokerstars has no problem with this, becasue there is no one player to a hand rule. (see everyone talking to mlaggoo during the mill.) Now obv I would rather make my own money than recieve instructions/coaching, just used it as an example. there are enough broke idiots though that u can essentially "multi-account" without even breaking the rules.

p.s. i don't even play donkaments anymore really and when i do i just lose money just love arguing ethics.