View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
I think this thread is a total joke. People keep calling for sites (such as Stars) to do something about the cheating. What [censored] thing can they do? Either ask them to do something specific, or [censored] off. Whining about the "problem" with no solution in hand is [censored] annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

For starters, how about just making a rule against it? Many justifications are exactly that - there's no rule against it so clearly it's within the rules.

Going further they could look at things such as implementing systems that can verify locations based on IP addresses and not allow people to log on from a location in another part of the world mid-tournament. I have more than one online banking account that can tell when I am logging on from a new PC or a location other than my home. Surely this is part machine hash, part IP recognition since it is capable of detecting both new computers (such as my new desktop) and different logon locations (such as when travelling with a laptop that I've used to logon previously).