View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 03:08 PM

Default let\'s see some music videos

Youtube seems like it has become a pretty solid repository for music videos these days, which is fun, because I think there's a lot of enjoyable stuff out there. I bet the discerning tastemakers of OOT might know of some pretty interesting videos. Searching OOT for "music video" in the past 6 months, I see threads about specific videos, but not an overall blanket category for posting music videos you enjoy. If this would work better in LoL, so be it, but since music seems to be the purview of OOT, I like putting it here.

So post links to any music videos you particularly enjoy, whether just because the video itself kicks ass, or you really like the song, whatever. Given the nature of the thread, I think some degree of obscurity is probably a good thing, but not necessary. Here are a couple I like:

Caribou - Crayon: I recently picked up this guy's album Up in Flames. This is one of my favorite tracks, at least for the first two minutes. Kicking around, I discovered this video for it. The production values aren't very high, but something about it dovetails well with the charm of the song.

DJ Format - 3 Feet Deep: I think this video is hilarious. And say what you will about rapping Canadians, I think Abdominal has pretty impressive flow. His sidekick sounds eerily like a nerdy as [censored] Eminem, which is distracting, but ignorable.